Saturday, December 15, 2007

Almost done shopping!

Last night before my work Murder Mystery Christmas Party at Spaghetti Warehouse, somehow starring my husband as Elf 2, we picked up a special gift for our foster mom Marta/ Elvia/Auri's Nany Marta...a digital camera! Not only will Marta be able to capture all the wonderful moments we are missing of our little girl but she will also be able to capture the moments of her three boys. I also just finished writing out the Christmas cards to Marta and her boys...although Elvia still needs to sign them when we get to Guatemala!

Rumor has it the chocolate isn't so good there so I picked them up little boxed Hershey kisses for each of them. Still working on a stocking filled with goodies for all of them, so far I have light up Christmas ring pops, post cards of Pittsburgh, Christmas pencils, a tin of Ghirardelli chocolate squares, an ornament, a photo ornament I need to put a picture of Elvia in, Christmas tea towels, those tubes of neon light sticks for this kids...and any other suggestions? I am giving each of the kids spending money since I have no idea what to get them.

As for Elvia, she has a million gifts from friends and family...but we wanted to give her something a little bit special to open on Christmas day....but what do you get a 1 year old?!?!?! I wanted to get her a little locket but realistically she's too young to wear it with the whole strangulation issue (just recently Brent's co workers little boy somehow strangled himself in the blind cords...so it does happen...luckily his mother resuscitated him and after they brought him out of a medically induced coma he is doing just fine! ( he was adopted too!)) I decided to get her a little heart bracelet...similar to the Tiffany & Co one. Also since she loves cats...I wanted to get her the Fur Real kitty, but Brent decided we needed to get her the FurReal dog so she is prepped for Chloe (our boxer). I also know how much my nieces love their little purses. First I thought I would just get her a little purse and put somethings in it but then I reminded myself again she is only 1! So after a lot of shopping online I found her My First Pursue at Target filled with age appropriate purse necessities! So lets hope the bracelet and pursue make it here before Thursday!

1 comments:

Chris Sapp said...

I don't know the ages of the kids you are getting for, but when we were in Kazakhstan, CD players were a hot commodity for all ages of kids...and they were SO expensive there that hardly any of them could afford them. Here, you can go to Walmart and get one for around $10.00, but the least expensive we found there was well over $50. We also picked up a couple of CDs to go with it - an English one and another in their native language.

WE are just so excited for you guys!!!