I am furious. PGN needs to get their act together. Today I called and they told me two more weeks..what the heck?!?! I am so so sick of this. Most would say we have been through the adoption roll coaster for the past 2 years but really it has been adoption hell. How can one be excited when our daughter should be here with us for the Holidays. Instead she is in Guatemala and our attorney can't even visit her to get an update and pictures for us. And our agency is not willing to call PGN for us when it is so hard for us to communicate due to the little English they speak and almost zero Spanish vocabulary we have? Seriously, what is the 24k we are paying going for? Our foster mother has not been paid in about 7 months so when Brent and I can scrounge together some extra money we send her a $100 so she can buy Auri the foods she wants. I have never been so aggravated in my life. If I had the money I would be headed out on a plane next week because the one person(who is not being paid by us) who has been helping us advises that I should get there in person as soon as possible if I want our case to be out any time soon. Its hard to watch everyone that started their adoptions after us go home before us as much as we are excited their life as a family finally gets to begin. Well I am out to Toys R Us now to try and find Auri a gift or two that I can fit in my suitcase so Marta can give it to her for Christmas since we won't be able to make it for a visit this year. I just bought her a Strawberry Shortcake DVD that plays in English and Spanish so since I saw Strawberry Shortcake Pinatas in Antigua I am thinking Auri may know who she is so hopefully I can find something cute to go along with it!
Our Family Is Complete!
12 years ago

8 comments:
I am so sorry you are going through this, it really is not fair. We will be praying for you, Brent and Little Auri.
Love & God Bless,
Kim Sarniak
We too will be on a visit November22-Dec 1. Are you staying in the city? IF I could pull all of our cases out of PGN approved I would. Your OUT call will come when you least expect it and praying that is very very soon.
I am so sorry for you! This is horrible. I can't believe they can just keep telling you the same old stuff and I really can't believe PGN is not releasing cases faster!!!! I hurt for you. I hurt for Auri. I hurt for all of those children in PGN limbo!!! AND I pray that someone does something soon!!!!
Felicia
Deanna,
You REALLY have been through adoption hell. I would be feeling so frustrated. It sounds like you are really hurting, and I want you to know that I am here for you. If there is ever a time you want to chat, please call. In the meantime, I will continue to pray for you and you family.
Jill
Deanna,
I am so sorry for what you're going through. I know your heart is aching to have precious Auri home with you. I do pray you have a wonderful visit with her and that you will be able to see the right people and get some response (as in OUT) from PGN while you're there.
Love,
Kay-Kay
I just stumbled onto you blog right now for the first time. I'm so sorry to hear about all your trouble. I know the pain you feel as I have been waiting 2.5 years for our daughter.
Praying for all of us that are waiting to get our children home where they belong...
Terri
I don't know what to say.....I am just so sorry!!!! Sweet Auri needs to come home.
So sorry about PGN! WHen I called they told me we had a previo but turns out it was an approval. Don't put too much stock into what they say because I think they don't have a clue! I hope you are OUT soon! How great you are going to visit in a few weeks though!
Post a Comment