I am headed to Guatemala November 29th ! It's just Mama and a few suprises for Auri...no her Abbie is not making the trip...she still doesn't have a passport! Another mom Lisa with our agency is meeting me in Atlanta to fly out and her little girl Katie will be staying with us too! I can't wait to see how much fun the girls have together! Hopefully Lisa and I will have good news regarding our cases or this will also become a BUSINESS trip!
Brent has in service day that he can't miss and we really can't afford for him to go! Luckily I booked a round trip flight when I flew home this summer and for some reason I cancelled the other half and they refunded me the money! My parents also gave me a voucher for 100 dollars off a package from Expedia...so it was just meant to be!
This trip will likely be my last before pick up as the rates are outrageous over the holidays...so that means Christmas card photo shoot! Oh I cannot believe I am going to get to see Auri in about 3 weeks! I am also very excited to meet Lisa and Katie...we talk all the time over email!
As for our case - its still not released. I guess all we can do at this point it wait and pray that everything is approved once its released.
Also a big THANK YOU to the Dowling family for raising money for us at a recent cash and carry at Meg's Signature Homestyle's party! That was completely unexpected! We appreciate it so much! (we will be calling you to thank you all - we were trying to hold out a few days until we heard we were OUT to let you know that the money was being well spent - to pay for the rest of the adoption...but we haven't gotten that call yet but I can't wait to say thanks so I hope you are all reading this!!! (of course it is also too late to call you tonight to say THANKS!!!)

3 comments:
YOU WILL HAVE GOOD NEWS BY THEN!!! I'm praying so hard that you will! I wish I could go too but am so happy you're going to be with Auri soon!
Felicia
So glad you are going down there. Maybe you can get things moving along!
Deanna - My heart hurts for you...
Honestly, I was walking around Disney World's Magic Kingdom eating up moments with Aven...
and God brought you to mind.
I took a moment and said a prayer for Auri's adoption....
She should be home.
She should be making memories with HER Momma like Aven is with me.
It's an unjust system prone to unfair subjectiveness with no explanation.
I am mad for you.
I am sad for you.
I just feel deeply disapointed in mankind when people can't push through a daggone ADOPTION when the child is lingering in a non-permanent situation...
Sigh.
I'm THRILLED you get to kiss your daughter in a few days...
What a good Momma you already are...
Andrea
Post a Comment