Today while hunting, Brent's tree stand gave way...the bottom fell out like a trap door..so he says! Of course he did not have a safety harness on. He landed straight down on his feet then his legs buckled and he fell on his butt(about 20 ft). Once he realized he was okay he called is cousin who was hunting in the same area to help him...thank God! Brent said he could stand but when he tried to walk he was unable to. So the attempt to get him on the quad and to the hospital did not work. So they called the ambulance.
They took him to the first hospital. When I got there I was a bit in shock as they had him on the gurney tied down and in head traction or whatever the term is! Since he couldn't bend his knees they decided to send him to a trauma hospital. So off he goes in another ambulance. Can I tell you all he was worried about was them not cutting off the 4oo dollars in hunting gear? I tried to warn him they would cut it off but he thought otherwise. Well into trauma he went and they cut it all off! Out they came with 3 bags of clothing! I haven't checked to see if anything can be sewn back together yet...I think Santa may just have to bring him something new this year!
Anyway they admitted him tonight. They know he has a fractured sacrum but are not sure what else. I guess they did his second set of tests too late and the radiologist where all gone for the evening. So they sent Brent upstairs to a room...no food no water...and the head brace on until a radiologist can review his scans tomorrow. I think that is ridiculous and you better believe I will be filing a complaint that they could not call one in..they do get paid enough. Maybe they would like to sleep in neck traction for the night!!!
Please pray for Brent...with Auri coming home soon...this is the last thing we needed!
Love,
Deanna
Our Family Is Complete!
12 years ago
10 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I will definitely pray for Brent. I can imagine how scared you must be. Here's a hug.... ***HHHUUUUGGGG****
Felicia
I am praying for him! Hope he is well soon.
Oh my!! Tell him he better start keeping his feet on the ground!!
I'm praying for quick healing!
Oh man, I hope he is ok and feels better soon, he's got a little girl to play with!!!
PRAYING FOR A QUICK RECOVERY.
Hey Deanna,
Sorry to hear about Brent- praying for quick healing! Never a dull moment, eh? Keep us posted on how he's doing and in Auri's progress towards RENAP :)
Emily
Praying for Brent!
Keep us posted on his progress!
Dawn
Oh Deanna, will definitely pray for Brent and that he'll be ok!!
Hope you're doing ok with all of this happening too!! Praying for you too!
Anna
Hey how's Brent?
Praying here, too!
Post a Comment