Saturday, November 29, 2008

delays delays and more delays!

Yes I am putting my red shoes on with my pajamas!
All smiles...I just ate...I am always in a good mood after I eat!


The morning started off good. My parents picked me up at 3 am and we headed off to the airport. I am not one for breakfast but I was actually hungry and looking forward to a bagel...however everything except for McDonalds was closed. So I decide I only have a short one and a half hour flight to Atlanta...I can eat there because I have a 2 1/2 hour layover.

Well we get all settled into our seats and we are...I am sure you can see out your windows the wings are covered in ice...so we need to go to the de-icing pad. Okay no problem....well I guess everyone needed to go! So an hour later we get through the de-icing and they come on the PA...well Atlanta is experiencing bad weather so it is going to be another 25 minute wait before we can head out...WHAT?!?!

I start to freak. I call my mom...ask her to check on Lisa's flight since I forgot to add her cell to my phone...ontime. Okay they said outbound may be delayed..my mom checks - nope on time!

I don't remember what time it was when we finally took off but we landed about 9:15 and as I am running to terminal E from terminal B Lisa calls to let me know they are boarding...but wait I am hungry and I have to pee!

So I run into the bathroom...thank goodness, two dozen Guatemalans forget to get Visa's to re-enter the country..so I made it to the bathroom. Then I can't remember if the delay to get onto the runway due to weather came next or if it was the delay for the water pressure which forced us to taxi back into the gate. So two hours later we finally take off. And I am starving! So I end up buying a $2 bag of peanut M&Ms...of course I then get a headache due to sugar shock!

Well once we get to the airport we encounter the longest immagration line I have ever seen! There was no reason or logic to it and the way people were standing in line. Of course then we spend another 20 minutes trying to find where they threw our luggage...turns out they did just that some how as we went back and forth from the 3 little conveyor belts they tossed the delta bags out into the middle of the floor!

Wait it does not end yet...we then have a 30 minute detour to the hotel due to a road closure!!! Our poor kiddos were waiting about 2 1/2 to 3 hours for us!!!

But all is good...we are here and safe! Auri of course has the poops...she always does when I get her...not sure what they feed her...quite gross if you ask me!

Well I am exhausted...please ignore my typos I will fix them tomorrow.

Love Deanna and Auri

4 comments:

THE SCHAEFERS said...

Sorry to hear about all your delays, but very glad you are there safe and sound. Can't wait to see more pictures of Auri!
Happy belated Thanksgiving :)

Megan

Andrea said...

I SWEAR I AM NEVER FLYING DELTA AGAIN!!!

I HATE DELTA...especially in Atlanta!!!

BUT!! I am SO glad you are with your daughter and safe and sound!!

Did Auri recognize you?!!! I'm thinking she surely did!!

Are you feeling high as a kite with her in the room with you?!!!!

SOOOO happy for you right now Deanna!!

Andrea

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

I'm so happy you FINALLY made it!!! Enjoy your time with your precious daughter!

Felicia

Bill and Melodie said...

so happy you are there with your sweet baby... Give her a hug from me and Fern and Rosa.
If you get a chance, maybe we can skype one day...