Wow...today went by so fast! Auri is now asleep and Brent is laying in bed by her watching tv.
As soon as we got here we put together the card for our foster mom and her kids and then went through our Embassy forms. Then we started playing around with the digital frame we got Marta and the family, trying to upload pics we have of Auri over the adoption process ...but it gave us nothing but problems! (so we have yet to give it to them!)
Later Brent took a walk out in the hall and saw our attorney and asked if he was coming...I thought maybe he was just coming to get the package from the Embrey's for Caterin (who God willing will be home soon!)...but then the phone rings, it Lymaris, "the translator is running late" then the phone rings again is Gallo....no idea what he said!!!
So I head down with the package and there is our sweet Auri passed out on Marta's shoulder, Gallo and Abner and Marcos...and well a year a half worth of Auri's stuff!!!! After they came to our room it was kind of crazy....I wanted to get pics of Auri with the foster family and with our attorney but that never happened! Galllo handed us all kinds of documents to re-adopt, immunization records, pics for her visa and Auri's passport (yes David Bauer ...you made our paper work! Uncle Dave is officially part of the family!) A few minutes later our translator arrived and went through a lot of our papers and said we didn't need them or we filled them out wrong! The translator is such a sweetheart and will be back with the corrected documents tomorrow and Marta Abner and Marcos are also coming to swim in the afternoon. We wanted Marta's family to come on Thursday to say goodbye but Marcos said he didn't want to be sad and have to cry another day...how sweet is that...I feel so sad for them but we will find a way to stay in contact with them.
As for Auri...she is so much fun now! More fun than before. My mom sent her a v smile pocket and well she has no clue how to work it but it has a lot of narrative so she watches that and pretends like its a computer. She wore me out riding her pink car and inch worm up and down the hallways (I was pushing)and of course wore Brent out playing monster attack. Auri has new names for us Poppy and Mommy! If one of us leaves the room she yells real loud Poppy (or Mommy) for the other one.
Well no pics tonight...but Auri hasn't changed....okay I lied...she may have gained a pound and her hair may have gotten longer! (Marta had her hair in two partial piggy's braided when she got here...so cute! )
Pics tomorrow...I promise!
Okay goodnight!!!
As soon as we got here we put together the card for our foster mom and her kids and then went through our Embassy forms. Then we started playing around with the digital frame we got Marta and the family, trying to upload pics we have of Auri over the adoption process ...but it gave us nothing but problems! (so we have yet to give it to them!)
Later Brent took a walk out in the hall and saw our attorney and asked if he was coming...I thought maybe he was just coming to get the package from the Embrey's for Caterin (who God willing will be home soon!)...but then the phone rings, it Lymaris, "the translator is running late" then the phone rings again is Gallo....no idea what he said!!!
So I head down with the package and there is our sweet Auri passed out on Marta's shoulder, Gallo and Abner and Marcos...and well a year a half worth of Auri's stuff!!!! After they came to our room it was kind of crazy....I wanted to get pics of Auri with the foster family and with our attorney but that never happened! Galllo handed us all kinds of documents to re-adopt, immunization records, pics for her visa and Auri's passport (yes David Bauer ...you made our paper work! Uncle Dave is officially part of the family!) A few minutes later our translator arrived and went through a lot of our papers and said we didn't need them or we filled them out wrong! The translator is such a sweetheart and will be back with the corrected documents tomorrow and Marta Abner and Marcos are also coming to swim in the afternoon. We wanted Marta's family to come on Thursday to say goodbye but Marcos said he didn't want to be sad and have to cry another day...how sweet is that...I feel so sad for them but we will find a way to stay in contact with them.
As for Auri...she is so much fun now! More fun than before. My mom sent her a v smile pocket and well she has no clue how to work it but it has a lot of narrative so she watches that and pretends like its a computer. She wore me out riding her pink car and inch worm up and down the hallways (I was pushing)and of course wore Brent out playing monster attack. Auri has new names for us Poppy and Mommy! If one of us leaves the room she yells real loud Poppy (or Mommy) for the other one.
Well no pics tonight...but Auri hasn't changed....okay I lied...she may have gained a pound and her hair may have gotten longer! (Marta had her hair in two partial piggy's braided when she got here...so cute! )
Pics tomorrow...I promise!
Okay goodnight!!!
6 comments:
So glad you are TOGETHER!!!
Can't wait for the pictures!
Thanks again for taking Caterin's package!!
Dawn
YAY..so happy that you have FOREVER now with Auri!! I remember the day we received Joshua I said NO give backs this time. PRAISING GOD for this wonderful day. Can't wait to see pics. of your little beauty soon.
Even though this is a happy time for you I do know that your foster family is hurting. I will say a special prayer for them this evening.
God Bless,
Kelly
ahhhhhh sooo exciting
YIPEE!!! I'm so happy for all of you!
Felicia
I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations.
A HUGE collective PHEW for you and Brent.....Your Daughter is in your arms!!!
And what an amazing act of love Auri's foster family showed her....It is something to be honored and revered.
We will be back in Guatemala over Easter visiting Aven's first foster family....
I suggest "Facebook" as a way to stay in touch in the foster family has internet...That's one of the ways we stay in contact with Aven's beautiful first foster mother.
BLESSING Brent...Deanna....AND AURI!!!
Andrea y familia
PS Hearing of Auri riding her toys in the hall of the Tikal SO reminds me of her and Aven playing together last year!!!
Post a Comment