Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snuggled in our hotel and PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!

So of course you all know I am terrified to fly. Well as our plane pulls in from the previous flight and the flight attendants walk out, they stop and start talking to the crew for our flight...of course you know its not good!

Well they announce that they are having some "mechanical" issues...seriously...this is not happening to me...and they do not think I am getting on that plane right?

Well after about an hour they get the issue resolved....turns out some panel on the plane kept coming open during flight. All I know is that it must of been pretty noticable because they were all talking about it - complete with hand gestures to demonstrate what it was doing! But we made it safe and sound!

So after we land we got to catch the last 10 minutes of the game at one of the restaurants in the airport. By the time we get to the baggage claim area, our flight info was no longer on the screens. However I spotted our luggage just in time as they were tagging as unclaimed! But back to the game...we won! I am beyond excited Auri gets to celebrate her first Steeler game in style this year and I am sure it will involve a big Super Bowl party at my parents!

Okay that's all folks...I need some sleep! This little kid cried his eyes out for about 2 hours on the plane, Brent and I were tempted to assist them in comforting him! My nerves our shot...please Auri do not do this to us and the rest of the passengers.

Oh ya...this trip...we completely want Friday to be here and for it to be over. Pick up is so different than a visit. We know Auri is coming home and that is where we want her...not visiting in Guatemala!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

The next time I hear from you, she will be in your arms forever!!!! I can hardly believe it!!!!!!!