Friday, January 9, 2009

Gearing up to head out!

Wow it is so hard to believe that in a little over a week we may be headed to Guatemala to bring our daughter home! We have so much to do...toddler proofing - toddler shopping and of course packing.

I am having such a hard time thinking about how Auri's foster family is going to handle this. We want to get them that perfect gift to say THANK YOU but we are having a hard time coming up with a gift that not only says thank you but is very special ---and time is running out!

Since flights usually double and sometimes triple when you book a week in advance we may just head on on Monday the 19th and fly back on Friday the 23rd. That way we will have one extra full day to hang out with Marta and her kids, go the the Zoo as well as pick up some last minute items at the Market to bring back for Auri.

We will give everyone our final flight details closer to the date but all are welcome to meet us at the airport on Friday...prob around 5 pm...if that is too early with work schedules you are welcome to stop in at our house that evening or over the weekend! Just note that Abbie Maureen and Pappy Dan will be running you down to get to their first grandchild so just please just step back a minute to let them take it all in--of course Abbie Bernie and Pappy Bill will be right there with them! Who would have thought my parents would be meeting their first grandchild in an airport instead of in a hospital! This journey has been amazing and Brent and I truly have a heart for Guatemala and look forward to adding a few more feet to our family from that country in the future!

3 comments:

~Emily said...

FYI... you a'int ever child proofed. You won't believe the things she will find for you. The first day Ceci was home she promptly found a sharp finishing nail on the living room floor and I didn't even know we had them in the house! You just wait!!!

Amanda said...

I am getting so extremely excited for you!! Soon this will all be a distant memory!!

Anna said...

Ohhh I am SO excited for you Deanna!!!

I am so glad its getting close now for you to finally bring Auri home forever!!

WOW wish I lived in the same country cos I'd be there at that airport jumping up and down to welcome Auri home at last!! Anyway will be jumping up and down here in Oz anyway when I get to read all about it here!!!:)

Enjoy getting the house all organised and getting ready to go...

Take care,
Anna