Saturday, January 24, 2009

We are HOME!




































Wow...we are home! We had an amazing homecoming at the airport and then another amazing party at the house! We weren't sure how Auri would react...seeing that she slept the entire flight from Houston to Pittsburgh...seriously we could not wake her up!

Once we landed we headed into the bathroom to freshen up a bit, put some pigtails in, etc. etc...and then it started...Auri just cried and cried! Nothing a little Happy Meal couldn't fix!

We called the family a few times on our way down to the baggage claim area to warn them not to scare her...since I know how excited everyone was that we were finally home and they could finally meet her!

So it was on to the tran (which Auri loved as we were in the front and she got to watch us travel through the tunnel) and then over to the elevator...and then the elevator doors opened ....there was everyone...okay not everyone ---my co-workers, Diane, Mary and Ruth were waiting for us at our baggage carousel - little mix up there)! It was awesome! We are truly thankful for everyone that prayed and cheered us on along the way...and even those of you that were scared to death for us that this adoption would never finally happen...you can breathe now cause it did!!!

Auri had an awesome welcome with lots of balloons, flowers (well those were for mama from her bff Angela!) gifts, and of course loving hearts!!! She did so well! I was a little afraid but she warmed up in no time! Sorry I don't have any pics yet because they are on everyone elses cameras but I promise to post them soon!

Well I am mumbling and need to run as little miss auri needs to get to bed...but I will catch you up tomorrow. Auri is doing awesome she slept all night in her bed last night! Today we got the animals back and we seem to have a problem now...Auri wants to hold that cat 24/7 and well he wants to just hide and it makes her cry!!! okay more later!!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so happy to hear that you are home!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about how it's going!!!

Guatemala Waiting Parents Group said...

Deanna, Brent and Auri,
WELCOME HOME & CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Can't wait to see more pictures!
God bless your new family.
Sue & Bryan

Anna said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! and HOORAY!!!
and WELCOME HOME AURI!!!!:)

You're home with your precious Auri at last!!!!

This is the best news Deanna and its been a LONG time coming for you.

SO glad to hear she's settling in well. Enjoy every minute!!

God Bless and can't wait to see some pics too.

Anna

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

WELCOME HOME!!! It's so wonderful to have another child home where they belong!

Felicia

Armstrong's said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!! So excited for you guys!!

Bill and Melodie said...

SOOOO EXCITED she is HOME!!!

Kim & Dave said...

What wonderful news & pics!!! A hearty CONGRATS & PTL!!!!!