This is an outfit we sent to Auri in October that Marta brought her to us in.
Dora was a gift from her Abbie and Pappy Heinrich.
One year ago Brent and I were off to a foreign country for the very first time in our lives. We were off to meet the little girl that was born in our hearts a few months earlier. Really we did not know what to expect - I can't even tell you what we were feeling...I guess we were really pretty numb to the whole situation. We had so much luggage with us to take gifts to the other babies from their new mommy and daddy's back in the US waiting...and such a short amount of time to spend with our new daughter.
It's so funny how we had only seen a few pictures...but when I walked down from our hotel room to the lobby just to check the place out (since we had another hour or so before we were expecting anyone)...there she was...our Auri...we knew exactly who she was and she knew exactly who we were.
I am not sure if it feels like an eternity or just a few short weeks ago that we finally got to hold our sweet little baby girl..but we do know that we love her very very much and we are having a hard time waiting for the next weeks to pass by until we are together again although this time there will be no more goodbye's!
2 comments:
It's hard to believe that time goes by so quickly. It won't be much longer!!! You'll have your sweetie home with you forever!
Felicia
No.More.Goodbyes!!!!
We ALL agree!!!
"Dear God...I thank you for Auri...For her spunk, her health, her endurance. I ask you now for her, and the rest of the lingering Guatemalan adoptees, TO COME HOME. Be glorified in YOUR works in each adoption...Let YOUR love of adoption be shown in these difficult adoptions so that NO ONE can say it was 'coincidence' ...that it was 'luck'...let it ONLY be what YOU can do...."
Deanna....We've got your back...and the other difficult adoptions...dang...we are hoping for the absolute BEST.
Andrea
Post a Comment