Thursday, April 10, 2008

Here's where we are at...

I sent an email just to get some clarification as to whether or not out attorney tried to submit our case:

Yes, he went to the Embassy before (after we had the paperwork that was difficult to obtain because of all the trouble in Huehuetenango). The Embassy rejected one of the documents, the midwife certificate.So the attorney had to deal with the municipality once again in order to get it but they say they don't have the record and the attorney is now trying to get a letter from the municipality stating this, in hopes that the Embassy will accept it in lieu of what they wanted, next time. This is because this will in all likelihood be faster than trying to find the midwife to sign a new one.

So this is where we are at. I contacted one of the adoption supervisors...I am trying to strike a deal with them to pay them only to help me get in and through Family Court and PA...just because the only issues is having to travel 10 hours round trip to try and get paper work when the money is running out for these attorneys since they haven't been able to take on new clients since December. I just don't want to wait any longer, and I feel so awful that our attorney and his people aren't getting paid for the time...I know the attorney and our agency are more than okay with us getting assistance in this part...so pray I am a good deal maker!!!

2 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Praying for the "deal"!!! Let me know how I can help!

Amanda said...

praying!!