Friday, January 4, 2008

Wwwhat?

January 4, 2007

Joint Council can confirm that PGN is no longer processing adoption cases with the exception of those that have already been approved. All other aspects of adoption processing have been stopped.

This is a result of the new adoption law requiring the registration of cases with the Central Authority prior to cases being reinitiated. Joint Council continues to advocate for a position solution to the situation.

4 comments:

THE SCHAEFERS said...

I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. Your family, your daughter and all those children caught up in this red tape will be in our prayers. While I know it is important to make sure there is no corruption within adoption, my heart aches for those families and children whose ability to bond and become a family is so delayed!

Chris Sapp said...

Do you know anything more? How long this could take? This is awful. Until then, God is watching over her... I'm sending out a prayer request for you...

Matthew Ruley said...

Terrible. My heart breaks for you. What do you expect this to mean longterm for you?

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am praying right along with you!! It is just so confusing and disappointing. How can they stop when Central Authority is not even established? CRAZY!!! I can't wait until we are holding our little girls at HOME!!!

Praying and hoping,
Lindsey