Saturday, January 5, 2008

Visit in March or hold off and Foster if need be?

Brent and I don't know what to do? We miss our little girl so much...but it is just so expensive to fly... I fear that we fly down to visit, get back home and have to fly out again. Things are really getting tight as we now are paying for our Kaz adoption loan that we have nothing to show for.

In the event they do halt our adoptions, we plan to have Brent go and foster in Antigua for the summer, and I will travel and stay with them for about a week. So I guess maybe we will wait a few more weeks before booking tickets for Brent's spring break.

As for the lost money for our first adoption...you can claim a failed domestic adoption but not an international one on your taxes. Technically we did not lose any money for international fees so I am trying to see if I can claim the 8850 under the adoption credit...since it went to a US agency that closed down...what do you think????

2 comments:

Friends & Family said...

I think you're better off waiting to book flights. If we have snow days and lose the vacation, Brent will have to burn more days that he may need later to bring her home.

Mel

THE SCHAEFERS said...

We have been looking into the issues with the taxes and the loss of money from the Kaz thing as well -- I will let you know if I get any more answers than what you posted.