Sunday, September 28, 2008

How Guatemala changes you...

I now barricade myself around the mac or ATM as you Southern gals call it so no one can see what I am doing or getting.

I hold onto my purse for dear life so no one steals it even when no one is around.

I was to be at a birthday party at noon and it is 12:15 and I just got out of the shower.

Last night it rained at our family reunion which was a wiener roast and normally I would have been grumpy or not even have went...last night a few of us mostly the men (dad brother husband cousins and I) sat around the fire in our chairs holding an umbrella!

I cried for the man at the end of town with his hungry and homeless sign at the end of town...I just stared at his sad face while I sat at the stop light and then it just hit me and I cried. So as soon as we have some extra cash I am going to by him a Giant Eagle card to get some food.

Its amazing how only 2 months...really not even 2 months can impact you so much!

Okay PGN....please let Auri, Erick, Otoniel, Flor, Katie and Caterin OUT of PGN this week...fingers crossed everyone. A lot of us are waiting on a "SIGNATURE" good or bad we do not know!

PS- if I missed anyone let me know!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I know exactly what you mean. I've been traveling to Guatemala for the past 10 years of my life... living there for three years... I am forever changed. And I wouldn't change it for the world!

LET US OUT, PGN!!

ashley said...

HI! you dont know me but I check out your blog since Lindsey has it as a link. We are adopting from Guatemala and we have been in PGN since March and we finally got out last Wednesday! Keep praying for that miracle from the Lord! He does hear our cries! Blessings to you as you wait. If you want you can check us out at www.miagraceskiles.com-password-Mia