I just found this info on Guatadopt.com:
GT WEATHER ALERT
Heavy rains causing flooding, building collapses and displaces families due to a series of tropical rains hitting the country until the weekend.Affected areas:La 16 calle 15-52 zona 1Rio Los Esclavos, la aldea Las Pozas en ChiquimulillaLa aldea MatamorosLandslides on the road km 314.5 ruta Interamericana, from Huehuetenango a la Mesilla, along the border with Mexico;The rivers, Rios Motagua en Gualan Zacapa; Polochic en Panzos, Alta Verapaz; La Paz en ciudad Pedro de Alvarado en Jutiapa, y la Pasion en la Libertad, Peten.
Please pray for the people of Guatemala and especially Auri's birth family as they are from one of the areas being hit hard. I don't think I have mentioned much about Auri's birthmom but we are so grateful for the gift of life she has given Auri as well as Brent and I. She made a very hard decision after trying to care for this sweet girl for a year. I know Auri will have questions for us in the future and it will be difficult because there are no pictures of Auri for the first 12 months of her life, no stories, no memories. We hope to be able to meet with her birth mother sometime whether it be on our pick up trip, next year or 5 years down the road to kind of fill in the missing pieces of the timeline. I had the opportunity while in Guatemala to go and meet her but I think she needed that closure without me present since this was the first time in over a year and maybe the last time she would see Auri. We will be placing the photograph of Auri and her Birthmother from their first DNA in her bedroom - I know some of you think this is very weird but she is very much a part of Auri's life and we will forever thank her for the gift she has given us.
Once there were two women who never knew each other.
The first gave you life, and the second taught you to live it
One gave you emotions; the other calmed your fears.
One chose adoption. It was all that she could do.
And now you ask me through your tears,
Heredity or environment, which are you the product of?
3 comments:
The poem is beautiful. I feel the same way about pictures. I won't have baby pics of Otoniel and I'm so afraid he will feel left out when he's old enough to realize it (have them for all of my other children). I hurt for him. I'm praying for all of the people and the weather to get better. I praying for our children to be home.
Felicia
What a beautiful poem Deanna!! And I can understand you doing that with Auri's birthmothers photo and think its a special thing to do for Auri.
Praying that Auri's birthfamily will be ok with all the rains over there!
Take care and still praying for your case to keep moving too!
Anna
It's not wierd at all to have the DNA picture up I know we do with all 3 of our kids & it's a good conversatoin starter for our kids exspecially the 5 yr old....
Post a Comment