July 3rd is the day I am flying out to Guatemala City and picking up Elvia...and can you believe she has her Family Court and DNA that same day? Well at least I get a lot of worries out in one day!
Once I get to Antigua we are going to start making the name transition to Auri Elizabeth Elvia Heinrich.....we wanted to wait until after we had DNA results but the day we have it drawn is close enough....right? It's hard because we had a name picked out but she already had a name...its who she is but her new name represents who she will be! Hard very hard! I guess if I had a little more faith in the entire process we would have just made the change from the start but we all know who changed that for us(AIP ORSON MOZES)!
Well pray some more for Eliana, Chris and Lindsey...in a few hours they will be re-united!
Our Family Is Complete!
12 years ago
4 comments:
When we adopted our 14 mos old Russian son, we used both of his names together for several weeks and slowly started only using his new name.
It worked really well.
He's 11 now (I know you remember him!! heeh) and we've asked him how he feels about how we handled the name thing, would he rather have kept his Russian name...
He says he is happy that he has "his" name...which is Chase - the 'new' name...hehe
He totally understands why we changed his name....no problems...
I am PRAYING for the Wheelers...
Andrea
July 3rd will be here so incredibly fast! I wish I was going with you! :) Elvia will love her new name and will get used to it very quickly. It's amazing how fast these little ones learn new things. I'm so happy the Wheelers are going to be with Eliana soon. I continue to pray for them and all of the Guat kiddos.
Felicia
wow-I am ashamed to say this is the first time I have visited your website. I want you to know we are praying for you everday. All of the families have such big hearts and well we just pray that all of your children are safe, healthy, happy and in your arms soo soon. Good luck on your trip and we will pray for you. Missy
YOU WILL NOT BE ALONE!!!!! We will be together!!! You will fly with Melodie and I will be AT THE AIRPORT to greet you!! You can do this. I am praying for you friend. It is so good once you get here.
Love you,
Lindsey
Post a Comment