Not sure how I am going to fit everything. I know I can buy stuff there but not sure how I am going to fit more than 2 outfits for me in the next suitcase! For those of you who fostered or are still what do we absolutely need to bring from home?
Our Family Is Complete!
12 years ago
4 comments:
Lucky for you that you have a few weeks to get packed, I have 2 more days! Yikes. I just pulled out all of my clothes and they are now in a suitcase. Now for the toys and food/feeding stuff. Lots to do.
THIS IS CRAZY!!!! How will I ever fit everything in 2 suitcases?????? I will call you tomorrow.
Hi Deanna,
I found your blog from the Wheeler's and am a keen follower of both of your journey's to bring your little girls home.
It is just SO exciting you are able to go and foster and will be praying that things will go smoothly and quickly and you can have your sweet little girl home with you soon.
Hope the packing goes ok...sounds quite a challenge!!
God Bless,
Anna
(adoptive Mum of 2 girls)
Hi! I found your blog via the Wheeler's blog and have been following your adventure for a while. I am so excited that you will be staying in Guatemala to foster your baby. My husband and I lived in Guatemala for 5 weeks at the end of our adoption(2 in Guatemala City and 3 in Antigua) and it was the BEST experience. There are only a couple of things that I would consider MUST haves. A sun hat for the baby. We could only find baseball hats and beanies in Guatemala and the sun was so intense. Bottles were also a necessity for us. I was using the playtex bottles with the disposable drop-ins. I found the refills in a mall in Guatemala City and the bottles in La Bodegona(the monster gorcery store/Walmart type place in Antigua). Unless you are using the straight Gerber bottles I recommend bringing your own. I didn't pack a lot of clothes, diapers, wipes or food because it is all easily accessible and I wanted to keep her on whatever she was used to in Guatemala. I had to pack and re-pack a few times before I got fed up and decided to be a minimalist. My daughter was 8 months when we brought her home and was eating cereals. We couldn't find cereals without sugar in them so we ending up buying whole oats and a blender and making our own. Medicine is pretty easy to buy, but I would have a pediatrician on hand in the States that you can contact(I wish I had that before we went). Our Guatemalan pediatrician was fabulous, made house calls and always answered her cell phone. It was really nice especially since our daughter had some problems when we first got her. BUT she was much more liberal with medication than our Pediatrician here and we didn't know any better until we got back to the States. Unless your Spanish is good, I would also find out before you go what the doses are for tylenol,motrin and benedryll for your daughter based on her weight. Hope this helps! I am so excited to follow your journey. Good luck packing!
Post a Comment