Today I had to say goodbye to my sweet Auri, my roommate Lindsey and all our friends Alice, Angie (okay Angie I didn't get to say goodbye---so hugs...goodbye!), Emily, Lee Anne, Mary Margaret, Melissa and of course the kiddos Eliana, Madi, Erick, Samuel, Milo and Izzy!
I finally broke down when I said goodbye to Lindsey...I thought I could stay strong...for Auri's sake but I couldn't! But Auri was amazing! On the ride over we talked about where she was going and who she would see. Then once we got closer to her Foster Moms house...she knew exactly where she was! If you could have seen that smile...it was sooo big!
Unfortunately I didn't have a good english speaking driver so I didn't stay long...I had planned to spend an hour or two there. But Auri never looked back...I was so sad! The girl that works in the store connected to the Foster Mom's house, has a baby Sarah and she was at the house...and Auri just hugged and kissed her over and over again!
I wish so much Auri could stay in Antigua and be fostered by Mary Margaret or Lee Anne...and then Mommy and Daddy could skype her daily ...but I felt so much better tonight when I was able to leave and she didn't cry...or waive me goodbye!!! Oh well she is 2!!!
Well the next time will be forever so pray this process goes fast...very fast! And Lindsey stay strong...you will be home soon...you never know there may be a chicken costume in the mail for Eliana since Auri prob won't make it home to wear it!!!
Our Family Is Complete!
12 years ago
1 comments:
It mut have been tough... Here's a hug!!! It won't be long and they will all be home. I'm praying it will be soon! :)
Felicia
Post a Comment