Saturday, May 17, 2008

Help get Elvia home...order a magazine!

Visit our fundraising site:

http://www.magfundraising.com/HeinrichAdoption

Hey everyone!

I sent an email out for our new fundraiser...however it is kind of confusing, so here is the link:

http://www.magfundraising.com/HeinrichAdoption

Even if you aren't in need of any magazines, I would love for you to forward it to friends and family and please refer them to our blog... we need all the support and prayers we can get.

I haven't posted much about the mess in PGN (well I did have emails from my agency posted but got asked NOT to do that). Basically adoptions between the US and Guatemala ended 1-1. However those of us in process were grandfathered in. Now with the new Attorney General in Guatemala...he is trying to FORCE the birth mothers to take their children back. Don't sweat too fast...

Elvia's case is not in that stage as our attorney has been unable to submit it to the Embassy yet, this is where we will get Pre-approval to adopt from the U.S Embassy and Family Court approval from Guatemala. Then we go into PGN (the final approval stage). Most cases that started when we did...the children are home or on their way home. I don't understand why things are working out the way they are with us but we have to keep believing it will happen and this little girl will be home for her first Pumpkin Party in October!

Well since adoptions are taking longer than the estimated 5-9 months, money is running out, for attorney's and foster moms. We have been advised our attorney had to sell his car, whether it be his only car, 2nd car, third car...that I do not know. But when we met him in March...he looked awful, I thought he was homeless---I was scared trying to figure out what this spanish speaking person was trying to ask me for..here he just wanted to bring me my daughter!

So now we have to pay an add'l 300 a month in foster care. I am trying to find a way to work remotely (with my job in the US) in Guatemala so I can go and foster Elvia (I can rent a house with 3 other moms and split the 900 dollar rent)..in the long run it may be cheaper as I will be saving money on gas as we will walk everywhere pushing our strollers and believe me I won't be eating much there other than the easy mac I take! And for those of you that do not know we have joined the lawsuit against our old agency for Kaz...in total we have lost about 20k trying to adopt Roma.

So since my yard sale today earned me a whooping 18 dollars I thought I would try this fundraiser! I apologize in advance if anyone is bothered by our attempts to help raise money to complete our family...Brent hates that we are doing this but when we first started adopting and we could afford it, I supported many others in need, these orphans need families and I would be more than willing to help others down the road to bring another child home. Someone today asked me if I tried fostering here, my response, I emailed both Armstrong and Westmoreland County a few times and they never responded.


Please keep us and all the waiting Guatemalan families in your thoughts and prayers!
Love Deanna, Brent and Elvia (soon to be Auri - we think although she told me on our last trip her name is Elvia...well it went more like this: your name is Auri...no no... your name is Elvia - Cee Cee with a big smile and her head nodding!!!)

babygirlheinrich.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Kim said...

I hope the fundraising goes well! We have to pay $300 for foster fees for the past 2 months already, so I know how you feel with money tight. Hang in there, God will provide!