Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Amended I-171H, cheap flights and dilemma's!!!!

UUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH..yes this is my life! We had our fingerprints redone April 29th as they expire on our I171H (I think today or tomorrow) and as of yesterday we still haven't received the amended one. So I send an email out to Immigration and they emailed me today to say they sent it yesterday. Of course I then frantically email my agency to let them know not to submit our case to the Embassy until I can get this to them b/c it will just cause more added stress trying to get the amended one in the file.

After sitting in traffic for about an hour and half I finally make it home...run across the street grab the mail and open and read it as I run back across(which my Mother hates!!!) and then upstairs to try and scan it to email it off...of course the scanner refuses to cooperate!

So off I run with my purse and my Staples copy card to fax it...once I get there I realize my copy card is for just that...copies not FAXES!!! So here I am using plastic to pay for the $1.25 fax because I seem to misplace money --but maybe that is because it is sparse these days!!!

Then my agency informs me that they are waiting on the last certificate and then off to translation and then finally to the Embassy. But back up...after I got home I decided to check flights for June 12-16 and they DROPPED! I am crying...we can afford to go! Now I just need to wait for Brent to get back from mowing lawns and pray the tickets are still available!

I run out as soon as he gets home to tell him the news but then present him with another option we talked about before...using that money for our trip to foster in Antigua...but I feel bad Brent will have to go so long with out seeing Elvia...and I will still need to wait until late July or August to go as I can only be off 3 mos from work....so here we go...questioning again what to do!!!

So please pray as we wait and make a final decision ... hopefully it will only a few weeks for Elvia's case to get submitted and then get into PGN. I know I prob lost you all but my head is SPINNING!!!

6 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Oh my gosh....my head is spinning over this post!!!!!! PLEASE LET'S FOSTER TOGETHER!!!!!!! I will call tomorrow night while Chris is at church. I can't wait to talk!!!!!

The Cook said...

I followed most of that and am exhausted thinking about it. I hope you find a great solution. I can't wait until you are in AND OUT of PGN

Amanda said...

well i'm exhausted, so i know you must be!! i say go while you can! you never know what God has in store for a few months down the road!!!

Kim said...

WOW, enough said! LOL!

Bill and Melodie said...

And if you go those dates in June, we'll be there! We are going June 11-18

THE SCHAEFERS said...

No wonder you head is spinning. We continue to pray for something to let up in this long process so that your daughter can come home.