Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Why are goodbyes so hard?

Today we said goodbye to Elvia...for now. It was hard. She was different tonight. She wanted nothing to do with me, her momma. She did want her daddy though! We met the foster family at about 4...and they were with us until about 7:30 - 8 and without a translator! I almost started to cry when Elvia wanted nothing other than to hit me while in McDonalds...but I held strong..I know this must be hard and confusing on her as well! I am still in a state of shock right now - having to say good bye that is. I am trying to stay strong and keep the tears inside because this is how adoption works...and I have to stay strong in order to make it to the end of process that really has yet to begin!

(Pictures later..they gave us two free drink coupons..and you all know how much I drink..you think I can get a complimentary lemonade?!?!?!)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

ohmgoodness...

You all have been on my mind ALL day.

I've been praying for you and just hoping oh so much that you were able to, simply, live through today.

You CAN be strong until the end is here....

but...OH the pain of saying goodbye!!!

Thinking of you all tonight...

Andrea and family...

www.cockrumfamily.blogspot.com

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Praying for you sweet friend!!! It was so good to talk last night!!!! I can't wait until Elvia and Eliana are home.

Love,
Lindsey

Andrea said...

Just wondering how you are doing....

I know your arms feel empty....

but your heart is full of amazing memories that weren't there two weeks ago!!!

Hang in there friend...

Andrea

Jill said...

Here for you if you ever want to call and talk. This must be agony for you. As far as her hitting you, the first month that Mario was home, he wanted nothing to do with me. I just cried all day. It gets better.

Prayers coming your way!