Friday, February 15, 2008

A little Celebration?!?!

I know it is way toooooo early to be celebrating, but my agency said our attorney sent a runner to the municipality today to try and get her BC (birth certificate). Since the trip is 5 hours away the runner would not be back in GC until 9 pm so my agency said they would hear tomorrow morning if they had success! Now FINGERS CROSSED everyone!!!

To back up a little bit, they have her original birth certificate but in order to be submitted to the Embassy they need a stamped copy that has to be within 60 days of the date stamped. So since we were not paper work ready when we accepted her referral it had expired and the municipality closed for five months so that is how we got here!

But to celebrate...yes I SHOPPED!!!

Clothes, hairbows, sunglasses, sandals and this....amazing...trying to get one made tot sized for a special 2nd birthday coming up in July!

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5208670&section_id=5306798
from the designer:

Description
I created this Pendant from fine silver to support and celebrate Guatemalan children and the Families who Love them.A simple Map of Guatemala sits upon spanish text that saysA Child is a special Blessing. I also added a small Heart!


This unique Pendant measures 1 inch round and hangs from a nice Sterling Silver 18 inch ball chain. I finished the pendant by hand and added a patina that highlights the details.I will Gladly add a name, initials, short message or verse to the back for you.

A portion of the purchase price will go to a wonderful Family that is adopting a Baby from Gautemala!


Meet the Wheelers!

http://thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm IN! I'm IN! I'm IN!!!!

YAY!!!

And...LUV the pendant! (I love etsy too!)

Auri NEEDS to come home. hmfp.

Andrea
www.cockrumfamily.blogspot.com

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Thanks for posting about us and the Guatemalan jewelry....I just got mine yesterday and LOVE IT!!!! I am praying for y'all. We are literally in the exact same stage. We are waiting for the 1st DNA for Eliana. Please Lord, give us both good news THIS WEEK!!!

Blessings,
Lindsey